Victoria’s newest landmark pub, the Bard & Banker is located on the corner of Fort St and Government St downtown Victoria, BC. With 30 different beers on tap, one of the most impressive selections of spirits under one roof and live music Wednesday thru Saturday nights, the Bard & Banker defines the ultimate pub experience.
Offering 12000 sq.ft. of entertainment space and seating capacity of 320 people; two patios, one at street level and lounge style patio looking out over the ocean on the second floor, the Bard & Banker features a décor reminiscent of Old World British opulence.
Opened in 1862 as the Bank of British Columbia, the building
remained a bank until 1988 under an array of different banking establishments’ control.
Of all the bank employees to work at this location in the 126 years it was
a bank, the most notable was the bard of the Yukon, Robert Service.
Get a History lesson...
Monday to Friday Lunch Features
*Available between 11am - 3pm.
Please ask your server about this week's features
All the wine in our wine vault is kept fresh with our Enomatic wine system. Custom built in Italy, the technology enables a bottle of wine to be opened and protected from oxidation, which allows us to pour bottles of wine that most establishments are only able to offer by the bottle! Read more...
Gluten Free Food
Our chef has put together a great gluten free menu. We have gluten free beer too.(ask your server)
- Yam or fresh cut fries with a miso, lime & ginger mayonnaise.
- Local 1/2 shell raw oysters, natural with fresh lemon or mignonette.
- Edamame beans, tossed in nori salt and olive oil.
- Fresh mussels, steamed in a tomato & yogurt broth with fenugreek & spices.
- Artisan greens with balsamic fig vinaigrette, fresh Anjou pear, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Rob's Cobb salad with diced chicken, bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese, avocado, egg & red wine vinaigrette.
- Local lamb and rosemary sausage, white cheddar mashed potato, cabbage, creamy grainy mustard jus.
- Pan-seared steelhead and pork belly. Braised du puy lentils, brussel sprout leaves, pear vinaigrette.